Thursday, May 16, 2013

Looking Back on 365 Year 1

Time goes by fast when you are having fun...that's for sure.  This past year has been great getting the opportunities to capture these moments and then getting to share them with you all.  I wanted to talk about my experiences and share my own favorites with you guys from the 365 album.

People: With the events and opportunities that came my way, I met a lot of new personalities that I wanted to "shoot". LOL Some of those turned into friendships while others were simply just a one time meeting.  Some were lifelong friends that have been with me since the beginning, and others were simply a photo taken from far away that they never knew I took.  All of these people have one thing in common though and that was that I saw something in them that was worth seeing through a lens 

Places: To me, one of the easiest things to photograph is landscapes.  I love being outside and taking walks and I realized that is where the majority of my pictures came from was nature.  It is a beautiful world being outside.  I got the privilege of doing a lot of traveling this past year.  States that were photographed were Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Kansas, and Missouri along with the 3rd world country of the Dominican Republic.

VAL'S FAVORITES

 I love the simplicity of black and white photography and this shot was taken as I was staring into the ocean at Myrtle Beach, SC. The thing I love about this one is the cross at the end of the pier and the waves coming towards me.  It was my first picture of the 365 album that I really wanted to print off as a canvas.


My late dog Jada appeared in alot of photos for the album but I loved the added quote to this one.  It is true.  Your dog sees you as a loving person and no matter how much you get mad at them for bugging you LOL they love you unconditionally.  I miss my Jada Bean, but I know she is at peace now.  So many memories with her and her loving spirit.


I went to Starbucks one day after work knowing I wanted to take a cool picture of my frappe. Well I told that to the drive in lady to make it look "pretty" because I was doing this picture.  When I pulled up there was a delay in my order so I waited patiently only to realize they were making me a second drink...just in case the 1st one didn't look "pretty enough".  It made my day and now this picture is on the Starbucks Facebook Page.  FAITH IN HUMANITY RESTORED!!


Walking around German Fest I spotted this cute little old guy wearing his heritage proudly.  I am not sure why this one is one of my favorites other than the fact that the elderly who are still living it up make me smile.


Oh the joys of being in love!!! I look up to Meagan and Willie so much on their relationship.  Together and happy for 2 strong years.  I also love fairs and carnivals and this one was captured at just the right moment as I slowed down my shutter enough to focus in on them and let the wheel in the background spin.  Talk about kissing and holding still for awhile. LOL


My 2 beautiful nieces come next...this was at a family BBQ and they were just sitting down talking and I told them to look at me and they both gave this cute smile.  They are the same age, same grade, same hair, same personality.  Different moms...my sister Melanie has Addi on the right...my sister in law Jen has Kaylyn on the left.  Love them so much!!


I was having a really rough day at work and I did not feel like taking any special picture that day for this album.  I kept thinking "man I just want to shoot myself!" well...shooting myself turned into this picture here and it is special to a lot of people now. Go figure me trying to get over myself that day turned into a creative self-portrait.


This was an exciting day!! Krystle and Craig got hitched and had themselves a country wedding!!  My first one with boots, beer, and bars!! They had such a fun wedding party too that led me to meet new friends and take more pictures of them later on.



During the Country Star Playoffs (singing competition) I got the chance to meet Shelby and his wife Michelle.  They are such a fun couple and have 2 kids.  We hung out at the park one day and took family portraits.  Even throughout the shoot I remember them encouraging me so much to keep taking pictures.


While in the Dominican Republic on the dental/medical missions trip I was by the ocean when I thought of this one.  I love the FOOTPRINTS poem about how God carries you when you are too weak to do it on your own.  This photo only got 2 likes on my page but let me tell you...it was hard running to get my footprints soaked into the water and then coming back and snapping that photo before the water ran over them. LOL it was worth it though.


I met Krystyna through a friend and she wanted me to take her Senior pictures with her and her horse Friday.  I have always been timid of horses because of weird experiences with them.  I loved talking to her about her dreams and where she wants to go after school.  This creature is not so scary as I once thought. 


Right at the beginning of 2013 I started working for WFFT Local the FOX affiliate in Fort Wayne Channel 55.  This new career has opened me up to new opportunities including getting the chance to meet and interview American Idol Season 11 winner Phillip Phillips.  He was such a genuine and down to earth guy and watching him perform in person was amazing. 


My parents celebrated their anniversary this year by going out to eat at Triangle Park with the family. I told them I wanted to take their picture next to the pond...so we went over there and I could tell something was going on by their laughter.  I'm pretty sure my dad was tickling my mom to get her to laugh.  They are still so flirty and I look up to their strong marriage so much.  

When it comes down to it, my parents are the ones who told me to follow my dreams.  When I first started college I had no clue that I was going to turn my hobby of photography into a career.  They are proud of me and love seeing my work everyday and they are the reason that I love sharing so much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment