Wednesday, July 17, 2013

CRAFTS I Have Done

I am addicted to PINTEREST.  http://pinterest.com/valeriejo426 is my profile and as you can tell...I enjoy lots of different things mostly photography, crafts, and destinations.  (I also enjoy Duck Dynasty and Disney and also farmlife.)

Some things I have copied from Pinterest and attempted to do.  I wanted to share those with you.  In no particular order.

I also need to thank my boyfriend Shane who is amazing and helped me with most of these projects that I needed a man's hands to fix for me.  I love you sweetcheeks!!

When scrounging for old things in my daddy's garage I came across an old nuts and bolts holder that the previous owner of my parent's house built out of 4 2x4's and some babyfood jars on a rotating rack.  Well, my dad was letting it get dusty so I stained it and painted it and put decals on the jars so that it would be a new SPICE RACK for my kitchen.  It holds 16 spices.


Everyone who knows me understands how in love with MASON JARS I am.  I decided to cut glow sticks and drip them inside one and then added glitter for a night that lit up our party area.


I had a coffee maker but never used it for coffee...instead I added a small goldfish to the pot.  Not much of a craft but I like using things for different purposes other than what they are supposed to be used for.


As a gift from someone I received a ton of mason jars and didn't know what to put in them as I do not can my fruits or veggies.  I started putting in my collection of bottle caps that I collect.  Each jar has its own company of beer or wine coolers.


This one I needed Shane's help with.  I saw this idea actually at a flea market that we went to and was going to buy it when Shane stopped me and told me that he could just make one for me.  I had the mason jar and he had the light fixtures so this is what we came up with.


Another mason jar idea that I copied where I glued sticks from my yard onto the sides of them...added some fake hay inside then tied a ribbon around it.  Easy peasy but it did take time as I had to glue each stick on and then wait on that one stick to dry.


One of the first mason jar crafts I ever tried was around Christmas time as I made a snowglobe.  I hot glued some props inside then added some distilled water and glitter.  It did not last long...whatever I did made it deteriorate over a months time.


I had an extra cork board that my parents gave me in college that my roommates and I used for bills and calendar organization but when I got my own place I turned it into a motivational wall.  Someone once told me that if you look at your goals each day, they are easier to achieve so that's why I made this.


The best surprise ever from Shane when I got home at 4am from my Dominican Republic trip was this hanging on the wall.  I found an old window in my parents garage (I seem to find treasures there alot LOL) and he stained it and polished it up for me.  I appreciate him so much. I added the pictures and the decals at the bottom though.


Everyone has seen this next one...crayons melted with a hair dryer and then they stream down your canvas but I wanted it to be like it was raining on someone :)


If you ever want to paint mason jars a certain color...all you need is food coloring, water, and modge podge (that stuff is magical) mix it all together then paint it on with a brush.  I have made red, blue, green, and purple jars now for decorations.


This is the project I am most proud of.  Of course Shane had to help me find a pallet then stain it for me but I added all of the interior frames and knick knacks for it to hang on my wall.  I have had lots of people ask if Shane could make them one too and he could really make some money selling these things.


A note to my father using candy bars for his special day :) Read it for yourself.


For Christmas presents for my girls at work I took picture frame and added inside it some lined paper then included a sharpie for a "to-do" list frame.


For Christmas for my girlfriends I added their names decaled to some mason jars then included stuff to use on their nails so it was like a nail-kit in a jar.


This one I had to have specially ordered but I wanted a photoalbum to show off all of my adventures and I wanted it to look like the girl's off of UP...I mimicked her design only to say "Val" instead of "My".


This one is easy and FREE!!! Go get a bunch of paint samples from the paint sections of stores.  Make them as long as you want by cutting off the different swatches (I only cut off the top lightest 2) then punch holes in them for shapes and they are BOOKMARKS now!!


Shane's mother had an extra frame that she wanted me to have because she knew that I would be able to find something to do with it and boy did I?? Shane helped me put chicken wire as the frame and then I clothes pinned photos that I have done from my "bucket list".  Then I included an actual bucket that still has things that I want to do in it so that when I do it, I can add it to the frame.


Another craft that I did with Shane's mother was that we took his old boots and planted flowers in them.  Really simple if you have old shoes laying around that you can add decoration to your yard.


Collect old bottles?? Make a bottle tree and then place bottles onto ends.  (I found mine at a flea market but bought the bottles from Hobby Lobby because I wanted them to be all different colors.)


A craft within a craft within a craft LOL - crates, blue mason jars, and chalkboard painted bottles make a nice corner display for my apartment.


Chalkboard paint is amazing!!! You can literally paint anything!! In which case, frames are a good source and now this sign works as both decoration and a prop for my photography business.


Another open frame that I added wires across it and then clothes pinned photos to hang freely from it.  This is easy so that I can change out pictures as often as I want to.


When shopping at an antique mall in Van Wert I came across an old Pepsi bottle holder.  I have been searching for a long time for something to hold my shot glasses in and this was perfect.  My goal is to have 2 crates to hold 50 glasses. (1 for each state) This was not really a craft but just something I created that I wanted to share and you can steal my idea :)


Since I have been to a lot of concerts and shows and events, I made a ticket holder from a shadow box so that I can keep all of my stubs and collect them over time.  This sits in my apartment just like a frame would.


Simple way to make burlap flowers for any pots or jars to place inside or even just lay around for display.  Cut burlap circles...attach them to bendy wires then add a button on top and its perfect.



Be sure to return back for an upcoming post about Crafts that I WISH to do where I'll be informing you on what I will be accomplishing as my next crafts and DIY projects.  Which include a coffee table made from crates, a piano waterfall for my yard, and a wine glass holder made from a rake.

No comments:

Post a Comment